- Profile Statement
- AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- EMPLOYMENT HISTORY March 2017 – Current Sessional Tutor, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane March 2016 – Current Lecturer in Human Resource Management, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (on study leave reading for PhD) March 2012- March 2015 Probationary Lecturer, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka July 2011– March 2012 Temporary Assistant Lecturer, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka Dec 2010-July 2011 Business Analyst, MTI Consulting, Sri Lanka PUBLICATIONS Journal Articles
- Refereed Conference Papers
Dharshani is on study leave from the Department of Human Resources Management, Faculty of Management and Finance, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, reading for her PhD at the Business School of QUT. She is a lecturer attached to the Department of Human Resource Management, the Faculty of Management and Finance, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
She has had prior corporate work experience in the areas of HR consulting, strategy consulting assignments, executive search and headhunting in Sri Lanka. Dharshani’s research and teaching interests have been in the area of Human Resource Management (HRM). More recently her research interest has a focus on HRM within the Business Process Management domain.
|Current||Doctor of Philosophy (Reading – final year)
QUT Business School, Queensland University of Technology
|2013 – 2015||Master of Business Administration
Postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
Passed with merit (average of above 85% for all courses and research)
|2014 – 2015||Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education
Staff Development Center, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
Recognized by SEDA (Staff Education Development Association) – UK
|2006 – 2010||Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) First Class Honours
Faculty of Management and Finance, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
|2005 – 2008||CIMA – UK
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
|2011||Link Natural Dr. Devapriya Nugawela Gold Medal for best performance in Human Resource Management||Awarded at the Annual Convocation of the Univeristy of Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|2011||Aitken Spence Gold Medal for Management Accounting||Awarded at the Annual Convocation of the Univeristy of Colombo, Sri Lanka.|
|2015-2018||National Center for Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences & Queensland University of Technology Scholarship (NCAS – QUT)
|Awarded living allowance and fee waiver for the duration of the PhD for demonstrating research potential.|
|March 2017 – Current||Sessional Tutor, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane|
|March 2016 – Current||Lecturer in Human Resource Management, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (on study leave reading for PhD)|
|March 2012- March 2015||Probationary Lecturer, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|July 2011– March 2012||Temporary Assistant Lecturer, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Dec 2010-July 2011||Business Analyst, MTI Consulting, Sri Lanka|
- Thennakoon, D., Bandara, W., French, E., & Mathiesen, P. (in press). What do we know about Business Process Management Training? Current status of related research and a way forward. Business Process Management Journal.
- Bandara, W., Thennakoon, D., Mathiesen, P., Syed, R., & Ranaweera, K.K.D.S. (2016). Improving the clinical care pathway of an Ayurvedic Hospital. A teaching case for developing process improvement capabilities. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases.
- Thennakoon, D. & Kailasapathy, P (2015). Integration of the Rational, Political and Justice Models of Performance Appraisals: The case of the Sri Lankan Public Sector. Sri Lankan Journal of Management, 20(3&4), 1-27.
Refereed Conference Papers
- Thennakoon, D., French, E., & Bandara, W. (2017, September). Conceptualizing the Change – Stability Paradox in Training Transfer: The case of Training for Business Process Improvement. Paper to be presented at the 31st British Academy of Management Conference, Coventry, United Kingdom.
- Thennakoon, D., Bandara, W., & French, E. (2016, December). The challenges in Business Process Improvement Training Transfer: An exploration of empirical evidence from Australia. Paper presented at the 30th Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- Dharmawansha, P. & Thennakoon, D. (2014, December). An Exploratory Study on Job Hopping in Sri Lanka: A Study on Generation ‘Y’ Employees. Paper presented at the 09th International Research Conference on Management and Finance, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Thennakoon, D. (2013, December). Employee Engagement and its crossover from superiors to subordinates: An exploratory study of licensed commercial banks of Sri Lanka. Paper presented at the 08th International Research Conference on Management and Finance, Colombo, Sri Lank