Mr. Yancong XIE is a current PhD student of Prof. Guy GABLE, in Information Systems School, Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology (QUT). He has a mathematic and computer science background. His research project is “Use case study to validate simulation theory”. His research interest includes simulation, theory building, theory validation, IT value cocreation, sharing economy, methodology, data mining and mathematical modeling.
PhD (2015 – till date), Management Information Systems, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
Bsc (2011-2015), Mathematics, Remin University of China, Beijing, PRC.
Distinct Graduation Thesis, Renmin University of China, PRC (2015)
Meritorious Winner of Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM), USA (2013)
National First Prize of China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling (CUMCM), Beijing, PRC (2013)
First Prize of East-China Mathematical Contest in Modeling, Shanghai, PRC (2013)
Marketing Analyst, Big data cloud for Shindoo Chemi-industry Co. ltd., Chengdu, PRC (2014)
Programmer & Analyst, Product R&D Consulting Project based on Big Data for Midea, Beijing, PRC (2014)
Research assistant, Strategic Research for Hunan TV Station, Beijing, PRC (2013)
- Served as ad hoc reviewers for PACIS.
- Research Assistant (Jun-2017), ICIS 2017 DC panel
- Support ICIS 2017 DC panel reviewing work
- Research Assistant (2016-2017), Research Systems Group, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
- Support supervising master student
- Unit tutor, IFN701 “Master Level Project 1” (2016 SEM2, 2017 SEM1), Information Systems School, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
- Higher Degree Research PhD representative for Information Science discipline (2016), Information Systems School, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
- Work to strategize and implement ways to enhance HDR collaboration and welfare
Master project, Xin Wang, 2017 SEM1, “Trust in Sharing Economy”, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, onging
Master project, Baijit Kaur, 2016 SEM2, “IT Value Cocreation”, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
Xie, Y., and Zhang, M. 2016. “Tutorial on NK modeling.” Proceedings of the 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS’2016), Chiayi, Taiwan, pp. 1–11.
Xie, Y., and Zhang, M. 2016. “Designing simulation in Information Systems research: an IT value cocreation example using NK modeling.” Proceedings of the 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS’2016), Chiayi, Taiwan, pp. 1–7.
Xie, Y., and Jiang, H. 2017. “Stock market forecasting based on text mining technology: a support vector machine method.” Journal of Computer, 12(6), pp. 500-510.