MIS PhD candidate with research background in IT management and social-behavioral research. Seeking to build up strong research skills gained through experiences as a research scholar in Information Systems School at QUT. Ambition is to eventually pursue academic career in teaching and research in the area of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Information Systems (Expected October 2017), Information Systems School,
Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
Dissertation Title: “Understanding The Dynamics of BVIT Process: A Complex Adaptive Systems Approach”.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Science and Engineering (October 2012), Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Islamic University of Technology, Gazipur (IUT, OIC).
CGPA: 3.87 out of 4.00
Dissertation Title: “A QoS Enable Green Cloud- Architecture and Policy”.
• IT management
• Business intelligence
• IT innovation and organizational performance
• Complex Modeling
• Data analytics
• Information systems
• Applications of simulation method in IS research
Research Assistant, Information Ecology (July 2016 – till date) Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
- Conduct research on the project and carry on other duties directed by the supervisors.
- Develop modules and contents on Complexity Science and simulation research in information systems and deliver lectures to the postgraduate research students.
- Assist in preparing documentation (e.g. towards project application, research and conference papers), including undertaking literature reviews and data analysis
- Coordinating the enrolment of Master’s students in research projects and oversee face-to-face interviews.
- Assist research students in conducting Master’s projects, including preparation of the project plan and presentation, designing well organized research protocol, sampling of the relevant data, data collection and analysis, preparing results and reviewing reports.
- Provide administrative support to the research projects, including maintaining information systems, databases and websites and organize weekly meeting to investigate research progress.
- Keep up to date with the development of knowledge and expertise in the relevant areas through liaison of staffs and peers, reading literature and attending in seminars and symposiums.
- Md. Fakhrul Alam Onik, Khairul Anam, Syed Sabir Salman Al – Musawi and Nafiul Rashid. Article: A Secured Cloud based Health Care Data Management System. International Journal of Computer Applications 49(12): 24-30, July 2012.
- Khairul Anam, Md. Fakhrul Alam Onik, Md. Asif Ahmad Oni, “Cloud Computing Security: A possibility or A Threat?”, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Volume 9(3), 1694-0814, July 2012. (Accepted)
- Onik, M. F. A., Fielt, E., & Gable, G. G. (2017). Complex Adaptive Systems Theory in Information Systems Research-A Systematic Literature Review. 21st Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), Langkawi, Malaysis. (Under review)
- Onik, M. F. A., Fielt, E., & Gable, G. G. (2017). Towards a Roadmap for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory in Information Systems Research. 21st Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), Langkawi, Malaysis. (Under review)
- Islam, A. N., Onik, M. F. A., & Azad, N. (2013). Comparing The Post-Adoption Perceptions Of Educators And Students With An E-Learning Platform. Proceedings of 21st European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Mamun, Md Ali Al., Anam, Khairul., Onik, M. F. A., Esfar-E-Alam, AM. (2012), Deployment of cloud computing into vanet to create ad hoc cloud network architecture. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science (WCECS), San Francisco, USA.
Awards and Funding
• QUT Postgraduate Research Award (QUTPRA), July 2014
• QUT Excellence Top-Up Scholarship, July 2014
• Full scholarship in B.Sc. Engineering in CSE, January 2009 – January 2012
Data Analyst, Eastern Bank Limited, Cards Division, Gulshan North C/A, Dhaka- 1212. (April 2013 – July 2004)
- Member of “Card Management System (CMS) Implementation Team”.
- QAT (Quality Assurance Testing) member of the CMS project.
- Generate and organize MIS reports on daily basis from the main Database using PL/SQL.
- Developed a decentralized “Card Inquiry” software for card division to reduce employee’s workload.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
Networking and ISP training Asia Pacific Communication Limited, Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Oct 25 2011 – Nov 20 2011)
• Installation of LAN.
• LAN, WAN management.
• Configuring DNS, send mail, firewalls and Proxy servers (Platform: Red Hat Linux 7.2). • Configuring FTP, DHCP, DNS servers in Novell Netware 5.1.
• Networking simulation-using NS2.
C/C++, Turbo Prolog.
Professor Guy G. Gable
Academic Director Research Training, Information Systems School Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology Y-Block, Level 7, Room Y7-04, Gardens Point Campus
Dr. Erwin Fielt
Senior Lecturer, Information Systems School
Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology Y-Block, Level 6, Gardens Point Campus
Dr. Najmul Islam
Senior Research Fellow University of Turku, Finland mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org