I lecture, research and consult in both the Business Process Innovation and Information Systems domains with a primary focus on human-centric issues in business transformation, capability development and organisational innovation. My current focus is rapid process innovation and entrepreneurship and the techniques, stakeholder capabilities and accelerators which support successful outcomes. Further I have a keen interest in process centric innovation and education and contribute to progression of the domain through authorship of ‘real world’ publications driven by Industry imperatives. Additionally, as an IT professional with over 25 years’ experience managing IT system development teams and Executive reporting applications, I have deep experience with data warehouse and business intelligence applications across a broad range of real-time and database technologies
- PhD | MBPM | BIT
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy1
- Thennakoon, Dharshani, Bandara, Wasana, French, Erica L., & Mathiesen, Paul (2017) What do we know about Business Process Management Training? Current status of related research and a way forward. Business Process Management Journal. (In Press)
- Bandara, Wasana, Dharshani, Thennakoon, Syed, Rehan, Mathiesen, Paul, & Ranaweera, K.K.D.S. (2016) Improving the clinical-care pathway of an Ayurvedic hospital: a teaching case for developing process improvement capabilities. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases, 6(2), pp. 111-120.
- Mathiesen, Paul, Bandara, Wasana, Marjanovic, Olivera, & Delavari, Houra (2013) A critical analysis of business process management education and alignment with industry demand: an Australian perspective. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 33, Article number-27.
- Safrudin, Norizan, Mathiesen, Paul, & Lescarcelle-Evin, Simon (2012) Shifting the Airline Business Model – Current Struggles of National Carriers to Become Profitable Passenger Experience Companies. 360º The Business Transformation Journal, pp. 7-19.
- Gaffar, Afreen, Deshpande, Amrita, Bandara, Wasana, & Mathiesen, Paul (2015) Importance of literature profiling: An archival analysis with illustrative examples for IS researchers. In PACIS 2015 Proceedings: Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, AIS Electronic Library (AISeL), Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center, Singapore.
- Mathiesen, Paul, Bandara, Wasana, & Watson, Jason (2013) The affordances of social technology : a BPM perspective. In Proceedings of 34th International Conference on Information Systems, Association of Information Systems – AIS, Università Bocconi, Milan.
- Mathiesen, Paul & Fielt, Erwin (2013) Enterprise social networks : a business model perspective. In Proceedings of the 24th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS 2013), Melbourne, Australia.
- Mathiesen, Paul, Watson, Jason A., Bandara, Wasana, & Rosemann, Michael (2011) Applying social technology to Business Process Lifecycle Management. In Schmidt, Ranier & Nurcan, Selmin (Eds.) Business Process Management and Social Software Workshop (BPMS2’11) The 4th Workshop on Business Process Management and Social Software , 29 August 2011, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- Mathiesen, Paul, Bandara, Wasana, Delavari, Houra, Harmon, Paul, & Brennan, Kevin (2011) A comparative analysis of business analysis (BA) and business process management (BPM) capabilities. In ECIS 2011 Proceedings, AIS Electronic Library, Aalto University, School of Economics, Helsinki, Finland.
- Delavari, Houra, Bandara, Wasana, Marjanovic, Olivera, & Mathiesen, Paul (2010) Business Process Management (BPM) education in Australia : a critical review based on content analysis. In Rosemann, Michael, Green, Peter, & rohde, Fiona (Eds.) ACIS2010 Proceedings, AIS Electronic Library, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Qld.
- Mathiesen, Paul, Bandara, Wasana, Marjanovic, Olivera, & Delavari, Houra (2010) A critical analysis of global BPM demand. In 5th International Conference on Qualitative Research in IT & IT in Qualitative Research (QualIT2010), 29-30 November 2010, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane.
Mathiesen, Paul R. (2016) Enterprise social technology in the context of business process improvement. PhD thesis, Queensland University of Technology.